Bribie Island Police were kept busy this week conducting a series of drug raids across the division in response to information received from the local community, and detecting a number of other drug offenders in stop and search activities. Bribie Island Police appreciate the ongoing assistance from the community on this important issue, and encourage anyone with information that may assist police in detecting and prosecuting drug offenders to contact the station or call crime stoppers. You may always remain anonymous.
This week Police also conducted patrols in conjunction with the Queensland Boating and Fisheries Service, in patrolling the Pumicestone Passage as part of the stations marine safety activities. Two offenders were detected for not having appropriate safety equipment onboard their boats, and more of these patrols are scheduled for the coming months.
Officers also conducted patrols of Main Beach with the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service over the weekend, and engaged in a traffic operation on Bribie Island on Friday. 262 drivers were breath tested this week, with 58 traffic infringement notices issued, mainly for speeding, seatbelts, and learner driver offences.
Police also attended to 11 domestic violence incidents last week, some of which resulted in police applications for a protection order being made, or complaints of domestic violence order breaches being investigated. On this important issue, November 25 is White Ribbon Day. If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, please contact the station for assistance as help is available. Always ring 000 in an emergency.
Charges this week
Monday November 2
- A 72-year-old Bongaree man was charged with unlicensed driving.
Tuesday November 3
- A 28-year-old Sandstone Point man was charged with producing dangerous drugs, possessing drug utensils and Weapons Act offences.
- A 17-year-old Banksia Beach man was charged with driving an illegally modified vehicle at Bongaree.
- A 49-year-old Bongaree woman was charged with public nuisance at the Bribie Island Bowls Club.
- A 43-year-old Bongaree man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs.
- A 49-year-old Bongaree woman was charged with possessing dangerous drugs.
Wednesday November 4
- A 41-year-old Bongaree woman was charged with possessing dangerous drugs.
- A 44-year-old Banksia Beach man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs and drug utensils.
- A 21-year-old Banksia Beach man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs.
Thursday November 5
- A 40-year-old Banksia Beach man was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- A 49-year-old Tamworth man was charged with drink driving at Bongaree after allegedly returning a reading of 0.075.
- A 46-year-old Bellara woman was charged with contravening a domestic violence protection order.
- A 19-year-old Sandstone Point man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs, producing dangerous drugs and possessing drug utensil.
- A 43-year-old Bongaree man was charged with supplying dangerous drugs.
- A 17-year-old Sandstone Point man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs and unlicensed driving, and the vehicle’s plates seized for 90 days.
- A 20-year-old Bongaree man was charged with unlicensed driving.
Friday November 6
- A 40-year-old Ningi man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs and drug utensils.
- A 32-year-old Caboolture man was charged with possessing a knife in public and failing to dispose of a syringe.
Saturday November 7
- A 19-year-old Sandstone Point man was charged with possessing drug utensils.
- A 41-year-old Bongaree man was charged with public nuisance and trespassing.
Sunday November 8
- A 17-year-old Bracalba man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs and drug utensils.